AMUSEMENT AT THE GATES OF SOCIAL MEDIA


*AMUSEMENT AT THE GATES OF SOCIAL MEDIA*

The internet and its derivatives, especially, the social media is a complex web and market place of unsolicited but useful ideas. It can be a bullying and corrupting space but, trust me, no dull moments. As TVC will say it, "Nothing ever goes to sleep in this city"!

Just this afternoon, after a hectic day at my research lab, some two friends refreshed me with so much humour which they produced via a casual conversation. Perhaps, they wouldn't know they have created a billion Dollar comedy chapter that could relief someone of the worst human stress.

Let me not bore you with long stories or keep you in suspense. The main characters in my amusing story are two gentlemen and very respected Noble Friends: Wokji Mwabe and Barr. Nungji Salama. I hope they will not be offended seeing their names flying on the wave lens of print and electronic media. 

Here is the short, unedited and amusing conversation between the two men:
Wokji: "Graduate no be 4 mouth tell us your course mey we ask you question."
Nungji: "Hahahahaha... Okay, I study delegate as a course .🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏻‍♂️."
Wokji: "Oya how much did you realize during the last APC Presidential primaries in Abuja?"
Nungji: "The rule of engagement is that we shouldn't make it known to the public. 😁😁."

Conversation concluded but the amusement continues. From today, like seriously, I shall never take my school for granted. This, I meant, not just any school but the School of Advanced Delegate Studies - SADS. I want to be an alma-meta there. Let me belong to cult and place where millionaires are made overnight. Shhhhhh, quite, lease. Is somebody smiling, I meant laughing? Yes, I suppose but wait a minute.

At a local people's parliament somewhere in town, there is a man. This man, since the PDP had its primaries and later APC, he has never ceased one bit, he kept repeating the word: Delegate, delegate, delegate..., a sign that, very soon, a sound tract migh be in the offing for public consumption - or at worst let it not be a sign of altered psyche. Until then we keep fingers crossed.

You are free to laugh and, if you so wish, laugh with tears. Something amusing has happened and I cannot resist laughing myself!

Amusing story indeed! What a way to ease off the stress of a busy people in a busy day and world? I do not know about you but these men, Wokji and Nungji deserve a place in the Hall of Fame, especially, in the comedy world. A noble prize will not be too much. Unfortunately, I do not have the capacity to bestow such honour on them, both, but to say thank you. I am proud of you!

Stories are stuffs I love putting together. The motivation, though, is to create or use them to celebrate silent heroes whose legendary acts might not be reported in conventional Media. I love doing it!

I cannot end this piece without calling all Nigerians to go for their Permanent Voter's Card (PVCs). It is the single most important document that could guarantee one being a delegate. PVC is the admission letter to that school. The next requirement is to belong to a political party, an interprising one for that matter. Good day!

*(Modest Thoughts with Ayuba Yilgak'ha, June 15, 2022)*

No comments:

Post a Comment

GRASSROOTS NEWS

DR. DAKUM AT 66 A DOGGED STATESMAN AND AN ASTUTE POLITICIAN

DR. DAKUM AT 66 A DOGGED STATESMAN AND AN ASTUTE POLITICIAN  Walbe Orgak The 2023 Plateau State Gubernatorial candidates under t...