LESSON IN HOPE: A BRIEF CONVERSATION BETWEEN TWO FRIENDS




LESSON IN HOPE: A BRIEF CONVERSATION BETWEEN TWO FRIENDS

YILDUN: Yilrit, life is so difficult for men; I can't take it anymore. I want to die.

YILRIT: Yildun, my friend, you are dead already. You don't have to tell me.

YILDUN: Why will you say such a thing. I'm alive, but want to die.

YILRIT: No friend, you are dead, already. Your case is that of hopelessness and Hopelessness is as good as death. Only the living has hope!

YILDUN: What is hope?

YILRIT: Hope is being positive even with nothing. In other words, it is learning to be contented with nothing to fall back on!

YILDUN: I see ... So, what is your advice to me, friend?

YILRIT: Revive and keep your hope alive!

YILDUN: what does it take to keep hope alive?

YILRIT: Change your mindset. It is the mindset that wins!

YILDUN: But nothing is working again in this world!

YILRIT: Stop being ingrate. The air you breathe is working. You can even talk to me. Only the living talk.

YILDUN: I see...

YILRIT: Yes. You know I have virtually nothing. The difference between you and me is that I am an unrepentant optimist, but you live in pessimism.

YILDUN: I have been a pessimist, really!

YILRIT: Yes, and it is not good for you.

YILDUN: Thank you for your encouragement. I have decided that I won't die again!

YILRIT: Then you are alive and the pleasure is mine!

YILDUN: So where do we go from here?

YILRIT: Let's add diligence and hard work to our hope. Things are not working, but with these virtues, we can make the world a better place.

YILDUN: Ok. I'm willing and ready!

YILRIT: Thank you. If you are ready, then, let's go!

This conversation is a message of the audacity of hope. Things are difficult these days, but there is hope at the end of the tunnel. Do not give up, but keep hope alive. 

As we hope for things to get better, the wisest thing to do is to be doing something worthwhile with our hands and intellects. 

When things get so bad, they can get so good again. From YILDUN, we can be a YILRIT. It can only get better. Press on!

(Modest Thoughts with Ayuba, Yilgak'ha, July 20, 2023)

No comments:

Post a Comment

GRASSROOTS NEWS

DR. DAKUM AT 66 A DOGGED STATESMAN AND AN ASTUTE POLITICIAN

DR. DAKUM AT 66 A DOGGED STATESMAN AND AN ASTUTE POLITICIAN  Walbe Orgak The 2023 Plateau State Gubernatorial candidates under t...