FALLING WOLD; RISING HOPE

Oh what a world, how things have changed? I was a virtue, now I cannot say that anymore.

I was a dream, now I only have nightmares. I was a promise, now I cannot keep any.

I was a great scene to behold, now I don't receive tourists anymore. I was shared hope, now they call me hopelessness.

I was a giant, now I feel like a grasshopper. I was a hero, now I don't know what the world around is saying of me.

I was a refuge, but now destressed people flee at my sight. I was bold but now I flee even when no enemy is coming after me.

I was a brand but now a laughing stock in the neighbourhood. There was a world so beautiful but here is one full of thorns and thistles

I was, I was and I was but I cannot say that anymore.What a falling me, can I ever rise again? How I wish, I wish, I wish!

We are the world, you are the world, I am the world. We, you and I, are all in it together.
'We've been troubled from every side, scandalised everyday, we are so perplexed' and boxed into endless lamentation.  

We are delusioned and live in continuing fear that nothing will ever work for us again. Again and again, our minds keep telling us that our world is finished.

So much despair in the air, so much distress within. That is the story - the story of the falling world!

But that is the story at macro level; at micro level, you and I can still do something in the hermingbird fashion - making effort no matter how little.

It is little things done extraordinarily that could make the difference.

Stop saying 'I wish'; start saying, 'I can'. In spite of our overwhelming contradictions, something can still be done. Yes, I believe and crave you should also!

When things get tough, real men get even tough. The wisest way to die is to die trying something noble!

*(Modest Thoughts with Ayuba, Yilgak'ha, July 26, 2023)*

No comments:

Post a Comment

GRASSROOTS NEWS

DR. DAKUM AT 66 A DOGGED STATESMAN AND AN ASTUTE POLITICIAN

DR. DAKUM AT 66 A DOGGED STATESMAN AND AN ASTUTE POLITICIAN  Walbe Orgak The 2023 Plateau State Gubernatorial candidates under t...